How do I bulk add products from a collection to a Mothership product catalog?
To bulk add products to a Mothership product catalog:
- A couple of things to note before we begin:
- Only products that are currently published to the Mothership sales channel can be added to the product catalog.
- This process is idempotent. This means you can repeat this process below as many times as you like and a product that has already been added to the catalog will not be added again (no duplicates). But a product that was not added to a catalog on a previous run, will be added to the catalog on the subsequent run.
- Create or select a collection in your Shopify admin panel that contains all of the products you want to include in your Mothership product catalog. Please consult Shopify for instructions how to create a product collection. Once you have a collection, make sure the collection is published to Mothership.
- Navigate to the collection's configuration page in the Shopify admin panel. Click on the 'More Actions' dropdown at the top, then click on 'Manage in Mothership'.
- On the next page, select the product catalog you want to add the products to. Next click the purple 'Add products to catalog' button.
You should then see a message indicating that the products are being added in the background. You can repeat step 4 for each additional catalog you want to add the products in the collection to. And for future reference, if the products in the collection change, you can repeat step 4 to included the additional products.